This was 2020 with PRTG. A review.
- February 13, 2021
- Posted by: PTSIP
- Category: •LAINNYA
Wow. 2020 was quite a hell ride for all of us! And I don’t just mean us at Paessler, but really all of us. The whole planet experienced a rather exceptional year!
Today, however, we are talking about positive news. In the following paragraphs, I will show you how PRTG Network Monitor evolved in 2020 . I’ll show you where the product changed, summarize the features and improvements worth mentioning, and give you a brief preview of what we have planned for 2021.
Before we dive into the details, let’s start with some numbers for the statistics enthusiasts among you. Here we go! [ 🔎 ]
The year 2020 with PRTG in numbers
- We provided you with 10 stable new releases and 2 patches.
- These contained exactly 24 new sensor types
- Additionally, there were 20 releases in the preview channel and almost daily updates in the canary channel.
- Our support team took care of more than 32,000 support tickets from you so far in 2020.
- 398 feature requests and improvements and 384 bug fixes have made their way into PRTG.
- In total 74 developers have worked on the PRTG code base.
- Our documentation and localization team revised exactly 523,998 words in total (i.e. about 58,222 words per language) to ensure PRTG is available in your language.
- All releases since PRTG version 20.2.58 have been created completely remotely by our developers.
Some of the PRTG product highlights at a glance
The year started with PRTG release 20.1.55, including two new sensor types for monitoring Nutanix HCI infrastructures, an indicator for the performance impact of running sensors, a modernized password reset approach, and an updated Python distribution. With this release we also set TLS 1.2 as default web server connection security.
With PRTG release 20.1.56 in February 2020, we released the AWS Cost sensor, continued to work on the performance impact indicator for running sensors, and we reinvented a standard icon for checkboxes throughout the PRTG web interface again 😉
From release 20.1.57, PRTG supports LDAP over SSL (LDAPS), provides more placeholders for notifications, and includes an improved VMware Host Hardware Status (SOAP) sensor. At the same time we released new versions of our Paessler SNMP Tester and our PRTG for Android and PRTG for iOS apps in version 20.0.0.
Until next time, 👋